Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Runners Up for Assignment 2

The open space in this picture as well as the under brush of trees almost counteracted each other in a ying/yang way, which I felt was eye catching. The line of light poles, too, served a purpose, as it lead the the stop light. Yet, I just felt like there was too much going on in this picture to be effective.
What intrigued me about this picture is the balance between the actual plants and the reflection of the very same plants with the vertical lines, of course inserting an almost conflict, acting as a barrier. However, I wasn't sure the lines truly served a purpose in the picture so I didn't feel confident.

I really enjoyed this picture because of the frame of the stairwell almost being a line in itself . However, I wasn't sure the handrail was enough of the line, and I felt the background was too distracting. Thus, it is a runner-up.



1 comment:

  1. Nice experimentation. I especially like the middle photo, but then I am drawn to reflections.

    ReplyDelete